What is the Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) Program?
JCP is an employment program offered in partnership by Ottawa Festival Network (OFN) and the Province of Ontario’s Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD) to provide work experience to Ontario’s unemployed job seekers. The JCP program provides opportunities to work on projects that benefit the community or local economy while providing participants opportunities to acquire or maintain job skills, to expand a network of contacts, and to maintain an active resume.
Eligibility for JCP:
Prior to an interview with OFN, JCP candidate eligibility is determined according to the following criteria:
- Candidates must be a resident, living in Ontario
- Candidates may not leave employment to participate in JCP. Part time employment averaging up to 20 hours per week can coincide with the JCP program participation. Candidates working less than 20 hours per week are considered unemployed and eligible to be considered for JCP
- Candidates may not be full time students. Part time students may apply.
In addition, candidates must meet, and have documentation for, at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- a. An unemployed person living in Ontario who has paid Employment Insurance (EI) premiums (through payroll deductions) in at least 5 of the last 10 years and earned a total annual income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year; or
- b. An unemployed person living in Ontario who established an Employment Insurance (EI) regular benefit claim within the last 3 years; or
- c. An unemployed person living in Ontario who established an Employment Insurance (EI) maternity or parental benefit claim within the last five years and are re-entering the labour force
NOTE: If you are eligible to receive Employment Insurance benefits you must apply for those benefits first. Some exceptions to the above criteria may occur which may cause ineligibility.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario