Celebrating the contributions and accomplishments of volunteers at festivals, special events, and fairs in the 2022 – 2023 season.
Ottawa Festival Network (OFN) is pleased to announce the ninth annual volunteer award program: Volunteer Connect Awards, presented by The Crawford Group. Nominations for VCA recipients by OFN Member organizations are being accepted now, details below!
This year the Volunteer Connect Awards will take place:
Date: Wednesday, October 11th
Time: 3PM – 5PM
Location: Irene’s Pub, 885 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W4
The VCAs will be hosted by comedian David Brennan.
David Brennan has recorded with Just For Laughs and appeared at the Arctic Comedy Festival. He recently hosted the Crack Up Comedy Festival and the Priorpalooza Music Festival. His horror-comedy show David Brennan Exhumed won Best in Fest BYOV at the Hamilton Fringe Festival. One of his most cherished projects since moving to Ottawa was fronting the sold-out Beautiful Monsters concert event at the National Gallery of Canada in 2020.
Nominate your Candidates!
The 2023 Volunteer Connect Awards (VCAs) is the perfect opportunity to shine a light on your “stand out” volunteers and the meaningful benefits that volunteers bring to your events.
Nominated volunteers will be entered to win one of four prizes of $500. 1 winner will be randomly drawn for each award category. Winners must be present at the VCAs event along with a representative of the nominating organization in order to claim the prize.
Our members’ participation is integral to the success of the Volunteer Connect Awards program – we cannot do it without you! Here are the submission requirements:
- Up to four nominations per organization, one each in the following categories*, will be accepted:
- Youth Volunteer (18 years and under)
- Adult Volunteer (19 years to 54 years)
- Senior Volunteer (55 years and over)
- Rookie Volunteer (First time volunteer)
*It is not a requirement to submit a nomination in each category i.e., If you only have one nominee for just one category, submit that one nominee.
- Nominees will be accepted only via the Volunteer Connect Nomination form.
- Nominees must be in attendance and register at the award ceremony on, Wednesday, October 11, 2023.
- A representative from the nominating organization must be present at the event with their nominee.
- Please ensure that your nominee is aware of the nomination and the event details.
- Nominees will be disqualified if they, or their nominating organization’s representative, fail to register and/or be present at the event by 3:00p.m, Wednesday, October 11, 2023.
- Nominees may bring one guest to the event.
- Nominees must not have received financial compensation from your organization in the year the award is being presented.
- All nominees will go into a random draw selection in their appropriate categories as identified by your nomination form.
- If required, OFN reserves the right to randomly pre-draw finalists in each category by Friday, September 15, 2023; semi finalists and their organizations will be notified.
Deadline for nominations: Friday, September 15th, 2023 11:59 PM EST.
Please direct any questions to: [email protected].
Thank you to the generous support of Irene’s Pub for providing a space to host the 2023 VCAs. You can check out their menu and upcoming events here.