Jul 12, 2012 | Festival News
OTTAWA CONFEDERATION PARK, JULY 20-21, 2012
We invite you to join us to celebrate the Ottawa Turkish Festival!
We have been diligently putting on the Ottawa Turkish Festival for the past 6 years. We’ve been able to reach an estimated 20,000 people and have been delighted by media coverage over the years.
The Festival in short will be open to the general public free of charge and will display Turkish art, folk dance, music and gourmet food, where visitors will get an opportunity to celebrate, learn, and savour Turkish hospitality, culture, heritage and cuisine. More information is available on the festival website: www.ottawaturkishfestival.com.
• Performances of Folk Dances, Whirling Dervish of Rumi and Live Music.
• Watch an Ebru (Water Marbling) painting demonstration on paper and Classical Calligraphy Drawing.
• Relax at the Turkish Oriental Corner, decorated with pillows, rugs, arts, handicrafts, traditional jewelry and more.
• Enjoy Turkish cuisine, sample gourmet foods including kababs, donair vegetarian & olive oil dishes, Gözleme (Turkish Pancake), Börek (Turkish Flaky Pastry), Mantı (Turkish Ravioli), as well as drinks like Ayran (Turkish Buttermilk). A meal would not be complete without desert! Taste Baklava, Turkish delight and more.
• Don’t miss popular Turkish coffee and tea served in an authentic setting
• Let your kids enjoy all sorts of activities: face painting, games, cotton candy, the inflatable village and more!
• Browse the different vendors and booths for books, souvenirs, fine arts and crafts.
• Visit our employment corner to discuss career opportunities with Law Enforcement Agencies.
• Support charitable organizations like Northern Lights Educational Services (NLES) providing top quality Child Care services and the Canadian Institute of Intercultural Dialogue (CIID) hosting monthly Intercultural Dialogue Talk Series (IDTS).
• Plan your trip to Turkey, the land of ancient civilizations. Pickup a copy of touristic brochures.
View a PDF which also includes complete schedule.
Festival Location: Confederation Park, Laurier Ave & Elgin St, Ottawa ON