Do you thrive in fast paced environments? Do you enjoy working in a creative setting and interacting with new people everyday? The Ottawa Fringe is seeking enthusiastic Volunteer Supervisors who will support the 200+ volunteers that make the Ottawa Fringe Festival happen. The successful candidate for this position will be reliable, outgoing, and excited by the opportunity to work in the administrative hub of the festival.
Several positions are available for this opportunity.
Job Duration: Duration: May 30 – June 30, 2023, (2 positions)
Hours: approximately 40-60 hours total, evening and weekend availability is required
*For this specific intake session, we are requiring availability for evenings and weekends during the Ottawa Fringe Festival dates of June 15-25, 2023
Who we are:
The Ottawa Fringe is an organization committed to empowering audiences, encouraging artists to take risks, pursue their visions, and develop their skills. The organization manages the theatre and arts spaces in the Arts Court and produces two festivals, the Ottawa Fringe Festival and undercurrents. The Ottawa Fringe Festival is an uncensored, annual, Ottawa-based summer festival that provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to produce their work. The winter festival, undercurrents, is a curated festival that showcases the best original, contemporary theatre created by local, national and international artists.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinating volunteer shift check-ins
- Organizing daily volunteer hospitality/catering
- Assisting with volunteer orientations and training
- Supervising on-site volunteers, assisting where required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a volunteer or working with volunteers
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, trouble-shooting skills and self-motivation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Excel, Dropbox, Google Drive, Volgistics is an asset
- A passion for theatre and familiarity with Fringe festivals is an asset
- Works compassionately and patiently in a team setting
- Conversational French and other languages are considered an asset.
The Volunteer Coordinator will report directly to the Front of House Coordinator, Emma Ferrante.
To apply, please send an introduction email/ or cover letter plus resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Box Office Attendant”. We are hiring ten people and this position remains open until all spots are filled.
Here at Ottawa Fringe, we’re working hard to include everyone in our festival. We believe that art is for everyone, and encourage applications from diverse applicants of all backgrounds regardless of culture, race, colour, gender identity, national origin, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
We are prioritizing applications from underrepresented groups that may face employment barriers for this opportunity.
We look forward to working with you!
See you at the theatre!