SS2 – Media & Marketing Coordinator – Summer Solstice Indigenous Festival
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: February 24th, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending, August 7, 2020 is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Westboro
Job Summary: Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Festival’s Contractor, a Media Relations company, assist with coordination and implementation of social media, PR, website updates; support design and distribution of print and online marketing tools.
- Support marketing and brand development team to help deliver content that meets festival programming objectives and fulfils sponsorship commitments
- Work with the marketing team to coordinate day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of projects and tasks
- Support the Marketing team to develop and populate a content calendar for social/ digital communications and provide live or Adhoc posting support as requested
- Create or adjust already branded visuals for all media across a variety of platforms, including but not limited to web, social media, e-newsletters, online forms, and print while ensuring all Festival and Sponsor branding guidelines are respected (eg. cover photos for all channels, Facebook events, Eventbrite, digital display ads, Mailchimp, Instagram stories, sponsor recognition assets, etc.)
- Curate and catalogue images and graphics (with photo credits) to be used in 2020 promotion and beyond
- Develop, source and produce content for digital platforms for promotion of festival programming and sponsors
- Support Media/PR firm in hosting capturing images and video of all Festival events and sponsor activations
- Organize new 2020 images to be included in final reports (includes user-generated content, new photos, collateral samples, ad samples, social media analytics, etc.)
- Traffic approved artwork to community manager and partner outlets for posting, printing, insertion/ publication as required
- Organize and implement website content and graphics updates using WordPress including; uploading registrations forms and artist bios working closely to direct the web developer as required
- Ensure the website is optimized for SEO
- Ensure Google Analytics is properly set up and monitored on an ongoing basis, provide periodic reporting on SEO/GA performance
- Create and manage Mailchimp lists organized by segments, updating new contacts regularly
- Plan, design, produce and disseminate weekly/ biweekly email blasts ensuring consistent branding, sponsor co-branding and inclusion as promised
- Assist with all other related duties to provide support to all event staff in the execution of their duties
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent phone, interpersonal and customer service skills with proactive/flexible nature with the ability to problem-solve with excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Related education with savvy social media knowledge and social media marketing incl. blogging, content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress and design software such as the Adobe suite. Strong design skills would be a major bonus
- Excellent creative writing skills, strong computer skills/knowledge of office programs and software (Google Docs, Microsoft)
- Proofreading skills to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects in a fast-paced environment– independently, with limited supervision and as part of a team; Strong time management skills – deadline oriented and able to establish realistic time frames for deadlines
- Assets considered are a valid driver’s license and French language skills
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
What’s next? Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations requests for candidates are available in all aspects of the selection process.