Position: AB1_ Research + Development Assistant – Ottawa International Animation Festival
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: April 19, 2021
End Date: October 15, 2021
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Home or Downtown
Summary: The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is one of the leading events of its kind in the world with an annual attendance of 28,000 and attracts artists, producers, students, and animation fans from around the world. This is a unique opportunity to work on a major international virtual event! This position reports to the Client Services Manager.
- Research programming and new organizations to expand festival filmmakers and audiences
- Compile and perform quality control verifications on material for Program Boom, the OIAF website and App
- Assist with database maintenance
- Work on special projects such as Virtual Reality presentations
- Collaborate with other staff and take on other appropriate projects
Skills, Abilities and Eligibility:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Professional demeanour is essential
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database systems
- Ability to work under pressure, positive stress management skills are essential
- Some knowledge of design and editing programs is a plus
- An interest or background in Virtual Reality and/or Digital Media
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible)
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years)
Learning Opportunities and Additional Benefits: Learn about the technical and logistical aspects of running a major international event virtually, including various tools and platforms. Learn from event planning veterans, network with major animation studios, and learn about the film/tv industry both locally and internationally. Lynda.com courses on Adobe Suite, Editing and other skills related to the position is available.
$17.81 per hour for 32 hours per week – $570 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
What’s next? Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.