Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks A
nticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2022. Extension of additional weeks to a total of 26 weeks is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2022-2023) JCP program agreement.
Work Schedule: Full time 4 business days per week (32 hours) Location: Hybrid: Virtual and Westboro office
Job Summary: Reporting to and working under the supervision of the HR Manager of Volunteer Services and the Systems Coordinator of Volunteer Services, the Volunteer Services Communications Coordinator provides administrative support for established programs and initiatives within RBC Bluesfest’s Volunteer Services. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
- Develop and maintain the volunteer-dedicated website, ensuring all information is up to date, accessible, and easy to understand.
- Develop and oversee an online volunteer application process. Ensure all applications are tracked and followed up on, as needed.
- Research, develop and deliver communications plan for volunteer related news and information including recruitment, application process, training, festival preparation, festival newsletter, appreciation, and post festival survey, using various tools such as MailChimp, InitLive, and social media.
- Provide admin support / data entry / editing duties for on-line volunteer management/registration system, including but not limited to creating, reviewing and updating shift schedules, auto-emails, reporting documents, and testing online volunteer registration pathways.
- Assist with developing training materials for volunteer program, and support the delivery of volunteer orientation, online resources and virtual and/or in-person training programs.
- Provide administrative support for Area Leader meetings and public meetings (e.g., set-up, minutes, hand-outs, etc.);
- Provide knowledgeable and empathetic services to volunteers via phone, email, and/or face-to-face.
- Support volunteer appreciation initiatives such as onsite recognition events and post-fest volunteer appreciation parties.
- Create and publish volunteer newsletters on volunteer website and ensure festival web updates are current and relevant.
- Supervise various on-site appreciation initiatives (e.g., Best Seats, random draws, Years of Service awards, etc.).
- Provide support to all volunteer Area Leaders as required.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- 2-5 years of administrative experience with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with various communication tools: Microsoft Office, Google Suites, Mailchimp, WordPress.
- Experience with web development (WordPress).
- Education and/or experience in communications, social media, and marketing are assets
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills, and excellent interpersonal/people skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Additional assets are bilingualism, public speaking experience, access to a reliable vehicle.
- Some heavy lifting will be required.
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
The Ottawa Festival Network requires all individuals participating in JCP to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of the festival opportunity.
$600 (gross) per week for 32 hours / $18.75 per hour provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals. The Ottawa Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.