Position: OM1 – Program Coordinator Assistant – Ottawa Music Industry Coalition (OMIC)
Contract Length: 26 Weeks (six months) Start Date: ASAP End Date: After 26 Weeks
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week) Location: Hybrid + office at 2 Daly/Arts Court
Position Overview: The Ottawa Music Industry Coalition (OMIC) is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join the team providing support to the Program Coordinator. This is an entry-level position that will provide essential support to the Program Coordinator in implementing various initiatives aimed at advancing Ottawa’s music industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative tasks, assisting in coordinating events and workshops, and providing assistance in the planning and execution of various programs and initiatives.
● Provide administrative support to the Program Coordinator and Executive Director, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, drafting correspondence, and maintaining records and databases.
● Coordinate logistics for events, workshops, and other activities, including venue booking, equipment setup, registration, and communication with participants.
● Assist in the planning and execution of various programs and initiatives, including research, coordination of resources, and tracking progress.
● Help maintain and update OMIC’s website, social media platforms, and other communication channels, including drafting and scheduling newsletter content.
● Collaborate with the Program Coordinator and other team members to ensure smooth operations and efficient communication within the organization and with external stakeholders.
● Provide general office support, including responding to emails and managing office supplies and inventory.
● Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with proficiency in English. French language skills are an asset.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google Drive and experience with website content management systems and social media platforms.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and demonstrating a proactive approach to problem-solving.
● Passion for the music industry and interest in Ottawa’s diverse and vibrant music scene.
● Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required for events and activities.
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
1. An unemployed job seeker or those employed less than 20 hours per week (part-time students and graduates may apply)
2. Live in Ontario
3. Legally authorized to work in Canada
4. Have one, or both, of the following criteria:
a. Established an Employment Insurance (EI) benefit claim (regular or maternity/parental benefits ONLY)
b. Paid EI premiums through payroll deductions, i.e., employed in Canada for at least five of any of the last ten years while earning an annual income in each year of at least $2000 (gross).
$620 (gross) per week for 32 hours ($19.375 average per hour) provided by the Province of Ontario.
OMIC is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. To be considered, forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.