OF1 – Communications Assistant
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/ or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html
This is a temporary 30 hour (4 days, 7.5 hours per day) per week position.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director or Research and Communications, the Communications Assistant will support the execution of Ottawa Festival Network communication program.
REPORTING: Reports to the Director of Research and Communications
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the communications strategy
- Create and upload posts on social media
- Assist with updating the website
- Track marketing activities (online statistics, member and public feedback)
- Research and promote awareness through various low cost and free advertising opportunities
- Other related projects, promotion and marketing assignments as required
- University or college education in marketing and/or communications
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills required.
- Proficiency with social media management, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Products such as InDesign
- Proficient in both official languages is an asset
- Previous marketing experience and/or graphic design skills are assets
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.