Membership and Programs Manager
The Canadian Association for the Performing Arts (CAPACOA) is looking for a full-time, bilingual Membership and Programs Manager who wants to support a more resilient, inclusive and innovative performing arts sector as it recovers from the pandemic. While CAPACOA is based in Ottawa, Ontario, this role can be performed from anywhere in Canada.
The Membership and Programs Manager is involved with all aspects of membership relations and services. The primary areas of work include member services and communications, program delivery, events management and national conference logistics.
Membership Relations Responsibilities
The Membership and Programs Manager is the main link between the association and its members. This position will be responsible for leading the membership renewal process and welcoming new members year-round. Related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the membership database;
- Direct communications with members and assisting the Communications Director in communication activities;
- Representing the association, reaching out to potential members, and participating in partnership development efforts.
Programs and Events Responsibilities
The Membership and Programs Manager is the team lead on event logistics and administration of ongoing programs. Responsibilities in this area include but are not limited to:
- Delivering annual capacity building program;
- Logistics for meetings and events, such as the agents and managers retreat, the national network meeting and the national conference;
- Sponsorship management for the annual conference (in collaboration with the Communications Director);
- Contribute to the design of professional development offerings at annual events and year-round over web conferences (with the support of the conference committee).
Other transversal responsibilities include program/event evaluations and reports as well as support for various committees, including board committees.
This job description is not a complete statement of responsibilities. These responsibilities are
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and/or abilities.
Applicants should possess the following skills and aptitudes:
- Excellent written communication skills in French and English
- Ability to organize work with limited supervision; ability to set priorities and good time management
- Good collaborator
- Capacity to think critically about member and organizational needs
- Ability to take initiative
- Proficient user of technology
- Working experience in the live performance sector is an asset
Occasional travel may be required. CAPACOA will reimburse reasonable and necessary travel expenses.
Compensation and benefits
This is a full-time employment position, based on a 40-hour/week schedule. Salary is commensurate with experience, with a starting salary range of $48,000/year. We offer extended health benefits and access to a professional development budget. Reasonable expenses for setting up a home office can be reimbursed.
The Membership and Program Manager reports to the Executive Director. This position also involves close coordination of work with other team members.
Please send a resume and a cover letter in either official language to [email protected] with “Membership and Programs Manager” in the email subject line.
We invite applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be
The Canadian Association for the Performing Arts/l’Association canadienne des organismes artistiques (CAPACOA) is a national arts service organization supporting the performing arts touring and presenting community. CAPACOA represents 150 professional for-profit and not-for-profit presenters, festivals, presenter networks, artistic companies, agents, managers and other stakeholders working across the presenting and touring sector in Canada. Collectively, our network members represent nearly 2000 professional and volunteer organizations, associations and companies. CAPACOA’s mission is to cultivate a vibrant, healthy and equitable performing arts ecosystem, from artists to audiences.
Hourly Wage, Salary or Salary Range: $48,000/year
Application Deadline: Monday, June 7, 2021
Type of Work: Full Time
City: Ottawa or Canada
Education Level: College/Cegep
Languages: English /French
Prefered Method(s) of Application: Apply Online by email: https://capacoa.ca/en/2021/05/membership-and-program-manager/