Position: MB4 – Performing Artist Administrative Assistant – Music and Beyond
CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: After 26 weeks.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week) Location: Hybrid: Virtual and Byward Market Ofc
Job Summary: Reporting to the Administrative Manager, will assist with administrative tasks related to the communications and coordination of festival artists
- Assist with the preparation of the festival event and rehearsal schedule.
- Support artists in preparation for the festival and other upcoming events.
- Prepare and facilitate any artist materials.
- Assist the Administrative Manager and Executive Director to coordinate artist accommodations.
- Assist with assemblage, distribution, and collection of production kits for all concerts and events.
- Act as on-site coordinator to support volunteers and staff at events and concerts as needed.
- Perform other administrative duties as requested by, and in support of, the Administrative Manager.
- Assist with the preparation of the festival Souvenir Program book.
- Onsite support and house management duties during the Music and Beyond Summer Festival.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and communication skills in English required, strong verbal and written skills in French an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Word, and MS Excel
- Able to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Able to demonstrate a high-level of initiative
- Resourceful, tactful, mature, self-motivated
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
$620 (gross) per week for 32 hours / $19.375 per hour provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.