LS2 – Marketing Coordinator – Latin Sparks Festival™
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: March 2nd, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending, August 7, 2020 is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Just south of Hunt Club + Merivale
Summary: The Latin Sparks Festival™ is one of the largest Latin events in Canada gathering thousands of guests for a night of artistic entertainment, dance, food and culture. You will support the Event Manager in the planning, coordination, and execution of the festival.
- Support the Marketing Director in developing an overall marketing strategy.
- Opportunity to lead sub-components of the marketing strategy (which can include activations, contests on social media, creative content development, advertising partners, help develop email campaigns and more).
- Administrative tasks including taking meeting minutes, logging hours, and managing internal communication.
- Work alongside a team of graphic designers and video editors in developing creative content and promotional material on time and on budget.
- Support the development of content for social media (Facebook & Instagram).
- Conduct outreach and develop partnerships with community players that can provide cross promotional opportunities.
- Work with Marketing Director in creating post-event surveys to evaluate customer satisfaction and gather customer information.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- You’re well organized, self-disciplined, and a quick learner.
- You can multitask and have the ability to see the big
- You love to brainstorm and to break any restrictions on what is ‘possible’.
- You’re a hustler! And you’re not scared to get your hands dirty with hard work!
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.