DESIRED CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 31, 2022.
END DATE: Initial term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2022. Desired additional weeks, ending July 29, 2022, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2022-2023) JCP program agreement.
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 business days / 32 hours per week
WORK LOCATION: Virtual/Own home + Onsite during festival
Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the successful candidate will work on print and digital content that supports membership, events, and awareness of the Festival; will collaborate closely with the ED and Board of Director Members.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (80% Communications and Marketing; 20% Administration)
- Using Festival templates, write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, email campaigns, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, events, products and/or services.
- Create and maintain Social Media Content Calendar and post content that invites conversation and interaction;
- Create and distribute monthly Newsletter via Mailchimp.
- Layout all marketing collateral, including posters, ads, Festival program booklet.
- Works with Executive Director and marketing firm to produce, distribute, and collect Festival surveys.
- Maintain website; keep web content up to date with festival details, as they become available.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement strategies based on the festival’s target audience.
- Monitor progress on project outcomes.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent copywriting skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with desktop publishing software (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop).
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in communications and events.
- Familiar and comfortable using various social media platforms.
- Comfortable using Google Suite, Slack, WordPress, Google Ads, Google and social media analytics.
ADDITIONAL QUALFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (continuing to work part time up to 20 hrs. per week is acceptable).
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
The Ottawa Festival Network requires all individuals participating in JCP to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of the festival opportunity.
$18.75 per hour for 32 hours/4 days per week – $600 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.