DESIRED CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 31, 2022.
END DATE: Initial term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2022. Desired additional weeks, ending July 29, 2022, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2022-2023) JCP program agreement.
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 business days / 32 hours per week
WORK LOCATION: Virtual/Own Home + Onsite during festival
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will provide support on managing production logistics for the festival. The position will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and Board Members, as well as external stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (80% Events Logistics and 20% Administration)
- Work with the Executive Director and the Chair of Events & Programming to help coordinate event programming and logistics for Festival.
- Create and maintain event-specific logistics sheets for each Festival event.
- Work with Festival Stage Managers to help coordinate venues and schedules; communicate details to venue partners
- Help create stage and site diagrams for each event; perform site visits.
- Receive all logistic expenses, assign expense codes, deliver to the Executive Director for processing.
- Create master document to review and monitor activity progress on logistics for all programming.
- Oversee online event technical aspects.
- Administer festival contracts including printing, arranging signatures, mailing, and filing.
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed.
- Coordinate with Marketing & Communications Coordinator to create compelling social media content.
- Assist with research and writing, on an as needed basis.
- Work with supervisor to develop proposals and other collateral material.
- Monitor progress on project outcomes.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in event production.
- Familiar and comfortable using various social media platforms; comfortable using Google Suite.
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (continuing to work current employment of up to 20 hrs/week is acceptable).
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
The Ottawa Festival Network requires all individuals participating in JCP to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of the festival opportunity.
$18.75 per hour for 32 hours per week – $600 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.