Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: January 17, 2022
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2022. Desired additional weeks, ending July 15, 2022, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2022-2023) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Arts Court (Downtown) and Virtual
Job Summary: As the IFFO Communications and Volunteer Management Assistant you will assist the CFI Film Festivals Coordinator as the front lines communications officer for the event and you will also assist with volunteer coordination.
- Handle or forward inquiries from the public.
- Communicate with customers, employees and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and take orders
- Help recruit volunteers; create a volunteer schedule and manage shifts.
- Assess, record and proofread documents, such as proposals or reports
- Receive and ship packages
- Update the organization’s databases
- Direct all inter-office communications
- Work with other staff and take on other appropriate projects
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; French and/or other languages are an asset
- Professional demeanour is essential, superior organizational skills
- Strong computers skills, including Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Volunteer management experience a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, positive stress management skills are essential
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
The Ottawa Festival Network requires all individuals participating in JCP to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of the festival opportunity.
Remuneration and other benefits:
$600 gross per week for 32 hours / $18.75 provided by the Province of Ontario. Learn about running events at a major international film event from event planning veterans, network with a variety of film contacts. Access to training in Adobe Suite and other skills related to the position. Complimentary tickets will be provided to the festival
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.