Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: January 17, 2022
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2022. Desired additional weeks, ending July 15, 2022, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2022-2023) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week) Work Location: Arts Court (Downtown)/Virtual
Job Summary: As the Professional Development Events Coordinator, you will assist the Industry Programming Manager with the planning and logistical needs of events at the Festival.
- Handle communications between presenters and festival.
- Compile technical and logistical requirements for the festival talks and networking events.
- Assist with database management.
- Coordinate passes, accommodation and expenses for presenters.
- Assist with problem solving during the events.
- Assist with other projects to support other members of the team.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; French and/or other languages are an asset
- Professional demeanour is essential, superior organizational skills
- Strong computers skills, including Microsoft Office and database systems
- Ability to work under extreme pressure, positive stress management skills are essential
- Adobe Suite is an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (continuing to work current employment of up to 20 hrs/week is acceptable).
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
The Ottawa Festival Network requires all individuals participating in JCP to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of the festival opportunity.
Remuneration and other benefits:
$600 gross per week for 32 hours / $18.75 provided by the Province of Ontario. Learn about running events at a major international film event from event planning veterans, network with a variety of film contacts. Access to training in Adobe Suite and other skills related to the position. Complimentary tickets will be provided to the festival
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.