Position: HP1 – Social Media Content Creator – House of PainT
Contract Term: 26 Weeks Start Date: ASAP End Date: After 26 weeks
Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days per week (32 hours) Work Location: Westboro /Own Home
Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, develop innovative promotional materials for use in targeted campaigns for existing and new audiences, with a strong focus on youth. Assist in the development and implementation of all media relationships including television, radio, print, and internet. Support outreach projects including newsletter development and stakeholder meetings. Supervision and support will be provided through online co-working sessions, weekly team meetings via videoconferencing, and daily email or phone check-ins to guide workflow and monitor progress.
● Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s communication strategies
● Coordinate social media activities in line with key messaging to be identified cooperatively with the team
● Write press releases, media advisories, web content, e-newsletter and other forms of communication
● Implement regular web-updates, update website and social media weekly/daily
● Monitor social media trends and adapt content schedule as appropriate
● Identify opportunities for outreach to engage with communities not currently involved with the festival
● Act as first point of contact for incoming emails and messages
● Contribute creative ideas to programming and developing communications campaigns to highlight our community
● Manage, optimize, and promote web store and process orders
● Track analytics on social media, web, and newsletter and assist in visualizing data for reporting purposes
● Maintain relationships with media partners and community stakeholders through meaningful engagement
● Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
● College or university education in Marketing, PR, or Communications, but value real life experiences, self-taught, and transferable skills
● Knowledge and experience with MailChimp
● Strong written and verbal skills in English; French is an asset
● Consistent ability to meet deadlines, perform under pressure, and prioritize tasks
● Strong computer literacy
● Proven self-motivation, problem solving ability, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and identify tasks to complete
● Energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individual; knowledgeable about hip hop culture and passionate about youth arts
● Understanding of community development approaches and social-equity based principles
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites and other design software an asset
● Proficiency in other languages would be considered an asset
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
1. An unemployed job seeker or those employed less than 20 hours per week (part-time students and graduates may apply)
2. Live in Ontario
3. Legally authorized to work in Canada
4. Have one, or both, of the following criteria:
a. Established an Employment Insurance (EI) benefit claim (regular or maternity/parental benefits ONLY)
b. Paid employee payroll premiums, i.e., employed in Canada, in five of any of the last ten years.
$620 (gross) per week for 32 hours ($19.375 average per hour) provided by the Province of Ontario.
What’s next? Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.