As the GCTC prepares for a return to live theatre, they are growing their team. The GCTC is looking for candidates to fill a new position at their theatre company: Ticketing Coordinator.
Hours & schedule
The Ticketing Coordinator is a part-time, seasonal, entry level position with an anticipated 20-25
hours per week between the months of September and June. The position has a flexible
schedule based on the needs of the position.
The Ticketing Coordinator position is compensated at a rate of $20.00 (twenty dollars) per hour.
About the position
Reporting to the Managing Director and Company Manager and working closely with the Box
Office Team, the Ticketing Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating ticketing services,
reconciling ticket sales and generating reports. The Ticketing Coordinator will also be expected
to assist in box office as needed.
Some of the work for this position takes place in the GCTC Box Office, located in the lower
lobby of the Irving Greenberg Theatre Centre. The lobby of GCTC is open to the public and,
especially during opening night celebrations, it can be a noisy and vibrant place. Our box office
team is often the first point of contact for patrons, guests and other members of the community.
Whether in-person, over the phone or via email, our goal is to provide helpful, clear and
compassionate service for everyone. In the first several shifts of the position, training will be
provided on all processes and systems, including in depth training of our ticket software,
Due to COVID-19, the position is currently remote. As we transition to reopening, we will
continue to follow regional health guidelines and work with individuals to balance remote and
on-site work based on the best advice of health authorities, as well as the requirements of the
Ticketing coordinator duties
- Complete daily box office sales reports using Excel
- Work with the Public Spaces Coordinator to help complete bar reports for all
- Work with the Company Manager to set up event ticketing in Spektrix
- Set up offer and discount codes
- Work with the Public Spaces and Education Coordinators to set up student pricing,
discounts and group packaging and discounts
- Generate ticketing reports as needed
- Generate royalty reports following the closing of productions
- Manage the box office phone and voicemail systems, ensuring messages are up to date
and are providing accurate information
- Be a front facing representative of the theatre
- Maximize the patron experience by providing a great customer experience
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in written correspondence with
patrons and clients of GCTC
- Process all ticket sales efficiently and accurately in Spektrix
- Complete end-of-day sales reports
- Occasionally participate in off-site GCTC events as an ambassador and ticket agent
- Read all scripts included in the artistic season
- On performance days, assist the Show Captain with all pre-show, during and post-show
duties including working with volunteers, coordinating raffles sales, and liaising with
We imagine you would enjoy and thrive in this role if these statements resonate with you:
- I am passionate about live theatre, the performing arts, and the local arts community
- I am enthusiastic about becoming a pro at GCTC’s ticket software, Spektrix, with training
- I enjoy working as a team to provide people with a great experience
- I believe diversity and inclusivity is essential to the success of an organization
- I am comfortable and excited to interact with many new people every day by phone,
email and in-person
- I like interpreting numbers and data, and welcome growing my knowledge of Excel
- I care about the small details and strive to get them right
Email your application to [email protected] with the following by August 23, 2021:
1) Current Resume
2) Respond to the following questions:
a) What past experiences make you well suited for this role?
b) Why are you interested in a position with GCTC?
We invite you to respond to these questions in the format with which you are most comfortable.
Examples include: email format, cover letter, video and/or audio (use whichever file sharing
method you’re most comfortable with). We are also open to other formats.
Please include the title of the job(s) you are applying for (i.e. “Ticketing Coordinator”) in the
subject line of the email, and please add your name and the job title to every file you send us.
Accommodations are available upon request at any stage of the application process.
If you would like to apply but need additional time, or if this application puts up barriers, we
encourage you to get in touch with us before the deadline at [email protected].
GCTC is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and
inclusion and strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking communities and intersecting
identities to apply.
If you have questions about the position or the application process, please reach out to us at
[email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.