The GCTC is growing its team. They are looking for candidates to fill a new position at their theatre company: Education Coordinator.
Hours & Schedule
The Education Coordinator is a part-time, seasonal, entry level position with an anticipated
20-25 hours per week between the months of September and June. The position has a flexible
schedule based on the needs of the position.
The Education Coordinator position is compensated at a rate of $20.00 (twenty dollars) per hour
About the position
Reporting to the Managing Director and Company Manager and working closely with the Box
Office Team, the Education Coordinator will be responsible for developing and nurturing
relationships with education partners, scheduling and coordinating education services, and
coordinating outreach and sales for student matinees and TYA (Theatre for Young Audiences)
programming. The Education Coordinator will also be expected to assist in box office as
Some of the work for this position takes place in the GCTC Box Office, located in the lower
lobby of the Irving Greenberg Theatre Centre. The lobby of GCTC is open to the public and,
especially during opening night celebrations, it can be a noisy and vibrant place. Our box office
team is often the first point of contact for patrons, guests and other members of the community.
Whether in-person, over the phone or via email, our goal is to provide helpful, clear and
compassionate service for everyone. In the first several shifts of the position, training will be
provided on all processes and systems, including our ticket software, Spektrix.
Due to COVID-19, the position is currently remote. As we transition to reopening, we will
continue to follow regional health guidelines and work with individuals to balance remote and
on-site work based on the best advice of health authorities, as well as the requirements of the
Education Coordinator duties:
- Ensure student matinees are well booked
- Build relationships and develop a centralized list of school contacts
- Provide show information to schools
- Coordinate bookings and payments and requesting invoices from the Finance Manager
- Coordinate busses for school groups
- Be the day-of contact person on site for visiting students/educators
- Coordinate, and when necessary, moderate talkbacks (discussions between artists
before or after performances)
- Manage all group student bookings for GCTC mainstage series
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, scheduling student workshops for matinees
and TYA programming and programs like ‘The Hive’.
- Assisting in the booking of artists to conduct workshops
- Be a front facing representative of the theatre
- Maximize the patron experience by providing a great customer experience
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in written correspondence with
patrons and clients of GCTC
- Process all ticket sales efficiently and accurately in Spektrix
- Complete end-of-day sales reports
- Occasionally participate in off-site GCTC events as an ambassador and ticket agent
- Read all scripts included in the artistic season
- On performance days, assist the show captain with all pre-show, during and post-show
duties including working with volunteers, coordinating raffles sales, and liaising with
We imagine you would enjoy and thrive in this role if these statements resonate with you:
- I am passionate about connecting students of all ages to live theatre, the performing
arts, and the local arts community
- I enjoy working as a team to provide people with a great experience
- I believe diversity and inclusivity is essential to the success of an organization
- I am comfortable and excited to interact with many new people every day by phone,
email and in-person
- I have an interest in building and maintaining relationships with educators
- I feel comfortable tracking and communicating the progress of multiple projects
- I am enthusiastic about learning GCTC’s ticketing software, Spektrix, with training and
Email your application to [email protected] with the following by August 23, 2021:
1) Current Resume
2) Respond to the following questions:
a) What past experiences make you well suited for this role?
b) Why are you interested in a position with GCTC?
We invite you to respond to these questions in the format with which you are most comfortable.
Examples include: email format, cover letter, video and/or audio (use whichever file sharing
method you’re most comfortable with). We are also open to other formats.
Please include the title of the job(s) you are applying for (i.e. “Education Coordinator”) in the
subject line of the email, and please add your name and the job title to every file you send us.
Accommodations are available upon request at any stage of the application process.
If you would like to apply but need additional time, or if this application puts up barriers, we
encourage you to get in touch with us before the deadline at [email protected].
GCTC is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and
inclusion and strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking communities and intersecting
identities to apply.
If you have questions about the position or the application process, please reach out to us at
[email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.