The GCTC is growing its team. They are looking for outstanding candidates to join our team in the role of Box Office Assistant.
Hours & schedule
Box Office Assistant is a part-time, seasonal position from September to June. Anticipated
weekly hours are between 10-25 hours, and fluctuate with the flow of the season. The position
offers a flexible work schedule that includes days, nights and weekends. The theatre typically
closes for two weeks in late December into early January.
The Box Office Assistant position is paid at a rate of $15.00 (fifteen dollars) per hour.
About the position
The work for this position takes place primarily in the GCTC Box Office, located in the lower
lobby of the Irving Greenberg Theatre Centre. The lobby of GCTC is open to the public and,
especially during opening night celebrations, it can be a noisy and vibrant place. Our box office
team is often the first point of contact for patrons, guests and other members of the community.
Whether in-person, over the phone or via email, our goal is to provide helpful, clear and
compassionate service for everyone. In the first several shifts of the position, training will be
provided on all processes and systems, including our ticket software, Spektrix.
Due to COVID-19, the position is currently remote. As we transition to reopening, we will
continue to follow regional health guidelines and work with individuals to balance remote and
on-site work based on the best advice of health authorities, as well as the requirements of the
Role and responsibilities
- Be a front facing representative of the theatre
- Provide each customer with a great experience
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in written correspondence with
patrons and clients of GCTC
- Process all ticket sales efficiently and accurately in Spektrix
- Complete end-of-day sales reports
- Occasionally participate in off-site GCTC events as an ambassador and ticket agent
- Read all scripts included in GCTC’s artistic season
- On performance days, assist the Show Captain with all pre-show, during and post-show
duties including working with volunteers, coordinating raffles sales, and liaising with
- Provide bar service at GCTC concession
We imagine you would enjoy and thrive in this role if these statements resonate with you:
- I am passionate about live theatre, the performing arts, and the local arts community
- I am comfortable and excited to interact with many new people every day by phone,
email and in-person
- I enjoy working as a team to provide people with a great experience
- I believe diversity and inclusivity is essential to the success of an organization
- I feel comfortable using a computer and I am willing to learn GCTC’s ticketing software,
Spektrix, with provided training and support
Email your application to [email protected] with the following by August 23, 2021:
1. Current Resume
2. Respond to the following questions:
What past experiences make you well suited for this role?
Why are you interested in a position with GCTC?
We invite you to respond to these questions in the format with which you are most comfortable.
Examples include: email format, cover letter, video and/or audio (use whichever file sharing
method you’re most comfortable with). We are also open to other formats.
Please include the title of the job(s) you are applying for (i.e. “Box Office Assistant”) in the
subject line of the email, and please add your name and the job title to every file you send us.
Accommodations are available upon request at any stage of the application process.
If you would like to apply but need additional time, or if this application puts up barriers, we
encourage you to get in touch with us before the deadline at [email protected].
GCTC is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and
inclusion and strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking communities and intersecting
identities to apply.
If you have questions about the position or the application process, please reach out to us at
[email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We would LOVE to hear from you! Please direct any questions, comments or concerns to