Application Deadline: November 11, 2022
Start Date: Nov 28, 2022
Duration: This is a part-time contract position (ending on August 31, 2023) with possibility for extension.
Hours: 10-30 hours per week.
* Between 10-15 hours will be spent overseeing the operations of the box office with the opportunity to pick up the additional hours during events. Weeknight and weekend availability required.
* These hours may be increased during the busy periods of our two festivals. Annually, we run the undercurrents festival (Feb 8 – 18, 2023) and the Ottawa Fringe Festival (June 15-25, 2023).
Who we are:
The Ottawa Fringe is an organization committed to empowering audiences, encouraging artists to take risks, pursue their visions, and develop their skills. The organization manages the theatre and arts spaces in the Arts Court and produces two festivals, the Ottawa Fringe Festival and undercurrents. The Ottawa Fringe Festival is an uncensored, annual, Ottawa-based summer festival that provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to produce their work. The winter festival, undercurrents, is a curated festival that showcases the best original, contemporary theatre created by local, national, and international artists.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate box office operations including: daily cash handling procedures, processing tickets, passes and packages;
Update and maintain databases for reporting;
- Coordinate box office supplies;
- Liaise with rental clients to provide ticketing services;
- Recruit, schedule, train and manage box office attendants;
- Assist with the coordination of front of house volunteer requirements including: scheduling, training and information dissemination;
- Program ticketing in ShowPass (ticketing system).
The Front of House Coordinator will work closely with the General Manager to determine additional responsibilities and/or update the scope of duties.
- Experience managing or coordinating a team preferably in the performing arts sector;
- Experience with scheduling and logistics coordination;
- Demonstrates initiative, troubleshooting skills and self-motivation;
- Familiarity with ShowPass, Slack, Excel, Dropbox, and Google Suite an asset;
- A passion for performing arts and a familiarity with Fringe Festivals an asset;
- Ability to communicate orally in French is strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Front of House Coordinator”. The closing date for this position is November 11, 2022.
Here at Ottawa Fringe, we’re working hard to include everyone in our festival. We believe that art is for everyone, and encourage applications from diverse applicants of all backgrounds regardless of culture, race, colour, gender identity, national origin, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
We are prioritizing applications from underrepresented groups that may face employment barriers for this opportunity.
We look forward to working with you!