FB1 – Volunteer Coordinator
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/ or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with the conference, special event and volunteer activities of the organization. The Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and Office Manager on various aspects of volunteer coordination.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reporting directly to the Office Manager
- Prepare outgoing correspondence
- Maintain database
- Assist with the coordination of pre-conference and special event activities
- Process and confirm registrations for delegates and participants
- Provide communications and support for volunteers, delegates and panelists
- Provide volunteers, delegates and panelists with credentials
- Prepare and distribute marketing materials
- Recruit and schedule volunteers
- Communicate the conference focus and goals to volunteers
- Respond to inquiries and requests from the community and members whenever possible
- Provide administrative support to other staff members
- Provide support for board of directors, volunteers and other suppliers
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of databases an asset
- Excellent writing, editorial and oral communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritize tasks under pressure
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset
- Driver’s license is an asset
- Experience with arts organizations an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.