Ottawa Festival Network (OFN) is seeking an Executive Director to lead and support our membership through recovery, growth, and celebration as the festival and event industry moves forward from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anticipated start date: March 4, 2024.
The OFN’s Executive Director provides organizational leadership that is aligned with the strategic objectives as set out by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day operations, programs, and services of the OFN. This is a full-time position, reporting directly to the Board through the Executive Committee.
About the OFN
The OFN is a member-based not-for-profit service organization mandated to advance our dynamic industry through research, advocacy and education. Our vision is to create a vibrant, inspired and prosperous festival capital.
The organization is involved in outreach with national, provincial, and especially local stakeholders, including the City of Ottawa, to support the growth of Ottawa’s local festival industry.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Administration and Finance
- Experience with management of a Bookkeeper and Treasurer to ensure proper records are kept remaining in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency, Corporations Canada, and funder requirements.
- Liaising with the Treasurer to ensure monthly financial reports can be presented to the board.
- Experience with accounts payable and receivable.
- Experience in the preparation of monthly reports for the Board.
- Experience with planning and facilitation of an annual general meeting.
- Experience with successful completion of grant applications as well as interim and final reports (with support from staff and board as necessary).
- Development of sponsorship package and pursuit of private sector sponsorship for programming & events.
- Experience with maintaining web and social media presence.
- Ensuring relevant content and distribution of the industry newsletter.
- Experience with the recruitment, supervision, and retention of quality staff.
- Supporting staff as they pursue excellence within their own roles and helping them understand the relationship between their role and the organization’s overall vision, mission and impact.
- Experience with the creation, management and measurement of a successful membership engagement program.
- Recent experience working with the City of Ottawa as well as non-profit/private sector stakeholders to support the development and implementation of policies and practices that support the continued development of the festival industry and broader cultural sector in Ottawa.
Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills
- Client Service Orientation
- Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Initiative, Critical Thinking and Problem-solving Skills
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Prior experience in event planning and/or coordination
- Familiarity with municipal decision-makers, departments, and committees on both operational and elected/policy levels
- Experience in nonprofit management and/or governance
- Starting salary $65-$75K to commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Note, this competition will remain active until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ottawa Festival Network is an equal opportunity employer. The OFN is committed to strengthening the organization by building a culture that is founded on the tenets of mutual respect, cooperation, inclusiveness, and understanding.