Start Date: June 7, 2021 End Date: July 30, 2021 + possible extension
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week (Monday-Friday) Location: Virtual at this time.
Remuneration: $14.75 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Ottawa Festivals d’Ottawa, a not-for-profit member-based service organization is seeking a Communications Project Assistant to work closely with the Director of Research and Communications and the Executive Director. In this position you will have an opportunity to learn and collaborate with a richness of sector expertise. Our team works hard, learns from one another, and are committed to having positive impact on the social and economic development of our industry.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the social media campaigns.
- Write content to share industry stories, support industry recovery campaign, promote buy local.
- Assist with newsletters, member advisories, and other forms of communication.
- Assist in projects to help cultural leaders adapt and evolve towards an increasingly digitized environment.
- Respond to emails, attend meetings, participate in discussions.
- Collaborate with team members in other related duties as required.
- Eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program (www.servicecanada.gc.ca)
- College or university education in marketing, public relations, journalism, and/or Communications
- Creative, strong digital and media skills
- Must have excellent, and proven, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Detailed oriented, motivated, self-managed, and reliable
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work with minimal supervision
Nice to Have:
- Bilingualism is not a requirement however French is considered an asset
- Someone passionate about the festivals and arts community
Join our team!
If you have the skills and experience outlined above, a desire to make a difference for our network and city, forward your résumé and covering letter to [email protected].
The Ottawa Festival Network is committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.