Communications Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs Program
Length of Employment: 16 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
Remuneration: $14.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Location: Virtual Office Availability
Ottawa Festivals d’Ottawa, a not for profit member-based service organization is seeking a Communications Assistant to work closely with the Director of Research and Communications, Lee Dunbar and the Executive Director, Carole Anne Piccinin. In this position you will have an opportunity to learn from, and collaborate with, a depth of expertise in the exciting festival industry. Our team works hard, learns from one another and are all committed to having positive impact on the social and economic development of our industry.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the social media campaigns.
- Write content to share industry stories, support industry recovery campaign, promote buy local.
- Assist with newsletters, member advisories, and other forms of communication.
- Respond to emails, attend meetings, participate in discussions.
- Collaborate with team members in other related duties as required.
- Eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program (servicecanada.gc.ca)
- College or university education in marketing, public relations, journalism, and/or Communications
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Detailed oriented, motivated, self-managed, and reliable
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work with minimal supervision
Nice to Have:
- Bilingualism is not a requirement however French is considered an asset
- Someone passionate about the festivals and arts community
Join our team!
If you have the skills and experience outlined above, a desire to make a difference for our network and city, forward your résumé and covering letter [email protected]
Ottawa Festival Network welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.