Position: CC3 – Box Office Assistant – Ottawa Children’s Festival de la jeunesse
Contract Length: 26 Weeks (six months) Start Date: ASAP End Date: After 26 weeks
Work Schedule: 4 business days / 32 hours per week Work Location: Downtown Office
Job Summary: Reporting to the Artistic Producer, Festival Coordinator and Box Office Coordinator, provides assistance to the Box Office Coordinator pertaining to ticket and membership sales, information calls, mail-outs, and on-site box-office duties.
- Respond to phone inquiries to provide information and/or sell tickets.
- Process purchases and print, mail or set aside for pick-up.
- Update and maintain the database.
- Complete all tasks necessary to operate the on-site and office box office.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Should have training or previous experience in administration and customer service.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills in English, French is a strong asset.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, perform under pressure, and be a team player.
- Must be computer literate.
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- An unemployed job seeker or those employed less than 20 hours per week (part-time students and graduates may apply)
- Live in Ontario
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Have one, or both, of the following criteria:
- Established an Employment Insurance (EI) benefit claim (regular or maternity/parental benefits ONLY)
- Paid employee payroll premiums, i.e., employed in Canada, in five of any five of the last ten years while earning an annual income of at least $2000 (gross).
$620 (gross) per week for 32 hours ($19.375 average per hour) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.