POSITION: CB6- Volunteer Assistant- Chamberfest
DESIRED CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: After 26 weeks.
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 business days / 32 hours per week WORK LOCATION: Hybrid: Home and Downtown
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Volunteer Manager, assist then in recruiting, training, and managing the festival volunteers.
- Has full knowledge and understanding of the organization’s purpose, goals and objectives;
- Works with the volunteer manager in recruiting, screening, training and scheduling volunteers for a variety of positions at concert venues in downtown Ottawa including: front of house management, ushers, production crew, and drivers;
- Support busy on-site volunteer schedule at various sites across Ottawa;
- Assist with volunteer database system management;
- Support on-site artist merchandise sales initiative;
- Provides leadership, guidance, and support to the volunteers ensuring their professional development within a festival environment; and
- Other duties as assigned and required.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience;
- Concert and/or event management experience;
- Skills in Excel and Word; knowledge of Powerpoint an asset;
- Experience with or knowledge of databases and willingness to learn Chamberfest’s volunteer management software;
- Experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers would be an asset;
- Accessibility Training is an asset;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Valid Driver’s Licence is required.
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
$600 (gross) per week for 32 hours / $18.75 per hour provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.