POSITION: CB4- Festival Admin and Operations Assistant- Chamberfest
DESIRED CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: after 26 weeks.
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 business days / 32 hours per week WORK LOCATION: Hybrid: Home and Downtown
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Director and Administrative Officer, the Festival Admin and Operations Assistant will be responsible to support the organization’s general office administrative and festival operational tasks.
- Liaise with Festival team to plan and implement Festival staff and volunteer on-site support requirements;
- Create and print ID badges for patrons, artists, staff, and volunteers;
- Support Festival team with printing and distribution of Festival programs to performance venues;
- Assist in the preparation of various reports to funders, sponsors, and donors;
- Maintain supplies for office equipment and Festival site needs; monitoring and ordering office and other supplies;
- Relieve reception by supporting ticket services inquiries and processing payments as required;
- Assist with office archive review and organization;
- Other duties as assigned and required.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Detail oriented with a willingness to seek clarification as needed
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A team player, with a willingness to assume ad hoc responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in both Word and Excel, experience in cash handling
- Accessibility Training is an asset
- Bilingual French skills are considered a strong asset
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
$600 (gross) per week for 32 hours / $18.75 per hour provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.