POSITION: CB3 – Development Assistant – Chamberfest
DESIRED CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: after 26 weeks.
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 business days / 32 hours per week WORK LOCATION: Hybrid: Home and Downtown
JOB SUMMARY: Working with the Executive Director, Development Manager and Coordinator, assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of various organizational events.
- Coordinate the planning of special events and meetings, respond to public inquiries about events. Provide input on resources, event processes, meetings, and event budgets;
- Assist in developing new events, and manage existing fundraisers and special events, ensuring they operate smoothly
- Work with the Artistic Team and Artifax for artist liaison, scheduling, and production planning in relation to Development needs;
- Works alongside Executive and Artistic Directors and volunteers (including members of the Board), participates on various event related committees as required;
- Other duties as assigned and required.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be self-motivated; and have the ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills;
- Must be a team player, and can work with a diverse group of individuals
- Experienced in planning and implementing events as well as general office administration;
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment;
- Flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations;
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, is required;
- Bilingualism an asset.
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
$600 (gross) per week for 32 hours / $18.75 per hour provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.