Position: CB1 – Box Office Assistant 1 – Ottawa Chamberfest
Desired Contract Term: 26 Weeks Anticipated
Start Date: March 15, 2021
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2021. Desired additional weeks, ending September 10, 2021, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2021-2022) program agreement with the Province.
Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days per week (32 hours)
Work Location: Downtown /Own Home per public health guidelines
Summary: Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Assistant 1 will support the box office ticket sales, ticket printing, distribution, tracking, cash receipts, and help with other various administrative duties.
- Assisting in box office procedure organization and implementation.
- Tracking sales and collecting unused tickets and receipts; preparing sales reports.
- Processing festival ticket sales.
- Preparing and reconciling bank deposits and credit card sales.
- Answering telephones, redirecting calls, maintaining voicemail system, and responding to inquiries
- Directing incoming mail; handling outgoing mail and courier.
- Updating and maintaining general administrative files and front desk instructions and protocols.
- Additional administrative projects as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite.
- Detail oriented and a team player.
- Cash handling and customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Bilingual (French) is considered a strong asset.
- Accessibility Training would be considered an asset.
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.81 per hour for 32 hours – $570 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.