Box Office Attendants
The Ottawa Fringe is seeking enthusiastic, outgoing box office attendants who will provide excellent customer service to theatre goers and enjoy seeing live theatre! The successful candidate for this position will have customer service experience, interpersonal skills and be excited by the opportunity to work in the administrative hub of the festival.
Several positions are available for this opportunity.
Date Posted: April 11, 2023
Application Deadline: until positions are filled.
Start Date: June 6 – 26th, 2023
Duration: This is a seasonal position for the duration of the 2023 Ottawa Fringe Festival. There may be opportunity for the position to become an ongoing casual position.
We are requiring availability for evenings and weekends during the Ottawa Fringe Festival dates of June 15-25, 2023 with paid training shifts to be scheduled between June 6th -8th, 2023.
Hours: This is a casual position with up to 40 hours per week available dependant on the events that are scheduled
Weeknight and weekend availability required.
Who we are:
The Ottawa Fringe is an organization committed to empowering audiences, encouraging artists to take risks, pursue their visions, and develop their skills. The organization manages the theatre and arts spaces in the Arts Court and produces two festivals, the Ottawa Fringe Festival and undercurrents. The Ottawa Fringe Festival is an uncensored, annual, Ottawa-based summer festival that provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to produce their work. The winter festival, undercurrents, is a curated festival that showcases the best original, contemporary theatre created by local, national and international artists.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Selling tickets & merchandise, processing donations for the Ottawa Fringe festival patrons
- Answering patron inquiries at the box office in-person and over the phone
- Reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of shifts
- Upholding Ottawa Fringe policies and procedures and representing Ottawa Fringe in a professional and welcoming manner at all times.
- Outstanding customer service / sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
- Excellent computer skills (ShowPass- ticket sales system, e-mail)
- Prior experience handling cash and balancing a till
- Coordinate box office operations including: daily cash handling procedures, processing tickets, passes and packages
- Conversational French and other languages are considered an asset
- A flexible schedule with availability in the late evenings
The Box Office Attendant will report directly to the Front of House Coordinator, Emma Ferrante.
To apply, please send an introduction email/ or cover letter plus resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Box Office Attendant”. We are hiring ten people and this position remains open until all spots are filled.
Here at Ottawa Fringe, we’re working hard to include everyone in our festival. We believe that art is for everyone, and encourage applications from diverse applicants of all backgrounds regardless of culture, race, colour, gender identity, national origin, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
We are prioritizing applications from underrepresented groups that may face employment barriers for this opportunity.
We look forward to working with you!
See you at the theatre!