Position: BA8 – Data and Admin Clerk – Festival Programming Department – Ottawa Bluesfest
Length: 26 weeks
Start: May 3, 2021
End: October 29, 2021
Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Own home + Westboro office if public health permits
Job Summary: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Data and Admin Clerk will be responsible for assisting the Programming Department with data entry, administration, and logistical needs.
- Contract and rider admin (uploading, splitting pages, distributing to those who need the info), collecting artist advancing contacts
- Assist in local artist contract admin, submission process and coordinate local artist past distribution
- Marketing admin procurement and processing (requesting, uploading, reaching out for specific file types etc.)
- Keeping Google sheets/programming info archives updated
- Qualifying diversity on programming
- Aid with Hotel bookings and immigration advancing/letters for artist coming to Ottawa for events
- Managing special initiatives (e.g. Indigenous reception invitations etc.)
- Collect show advancing docs from production team for distribution to artists
- Process artist ticket requests (comp or paid) through Ticketmaster system
- Other organizational needs as required
Skills and qualifications required:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office/Google Apps, Adobe PDF, Asana.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Proven success multi-tasking in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting all the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible to apply).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed).
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following additional criteria:
- a) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental benefits within the last five years). OR,
- b) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years while earning an income more than $2000 in each year.
Remuneration (provided by the Province of Ontario): $570 gross per week (32 hours for $17.81 per hour)
The Ottawa Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be considered for an interview. Applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility criteria in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit ottawafestivals.ca. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.