POSITION: JA1 – Artist Liaison Assistant I – Ottawa Jazz Festival
DESIRED CONTRACT TERM: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: Initial term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2023. Additional weeks, ending after 26 weeks in total, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2023-2024) JCP program agreement.
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 business days / 32 hours per week WORK LOCATION: Downtown office
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Executive Producer and Artistic Associate with all matters related to the artist management companies and artists who are engaged to perform at both the Ottawa Jazz Festival and as part of year-round programming.
- Coordinate directly with artists, artist management and agents to acquire promotional images and biographical information for the Director of Marketing and Partnerships.
- Plan and execute travel itineraries and schedule artists for their various activities throughout the year.
- Design and implement the artist’s schedule; including travel itineraries, in town travel arrangements, hotel accommodation, and sound checks. Coordinate all backline equipment needed and stage plots for all artists on all stages.
- Arrange for safe and efficient transportation for the artists.
- Learn to manage budgets related to artist’s fees, travel, and accommodations.
- Must be a team player who will oversee and administer the hospitality detailed in artist riders, including refreshment presentation and clean up.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have training or previous experience in marketing, public relations and/or special events.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills. College or University degree is an asset.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Hospitality experience is an asset.
- Must be computer literate.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- An unemployed job seeker or those employed less than 20 hours per week (part-time students and graduates may apply)
- Live in Ontario
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Have one, or both, of the following criteria:
- Established an Employment Insurance (EI) benefit claim (regular or maternity/parental benefits ONLY OR
- Paid employee payroll premiums, i.e., employed in Canada, in five of any five of the last ten years while earning an annual income of at least $2000 (gross).
$620 (gross) per week for 32 hours ($19.375 average per hour) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: https://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.