AB6 – Professional Development Events Assistant
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/ or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html
This is a temporary 30 hour (4 days, 7.5 hours per day) per week position.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Set weeks
Job Summary: Assist with the planning and logistical needs of workshops and panels at the Festival.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the TAC (The Animation Conference) and Professional Development Director
- Handle all communications between presenters and the festival.
- Gather technical and logistical requirements for all special presentations and workshops.
- Assist with database maintenance.
- Coordinate passes, accommodation and expenses for presenters.
- Correspond with caterers, venue staff, AV technicians and festival guests.
- Work with other staff and take on other appropriate projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Professional demeanor is essential
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and database systems
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Positive stress management skills are essential
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.