AB10 – Registration Assistant & Festival Store Coordinator
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/ or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html
This is a temporary 30 hour (4 days, 7.5 hours per day) per week position.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Customer service representative in charge of managing the Festival boutique throughout the duration of the Festival. Must also assist with other office administrative roles.
REPORTING: Reporting to the Managing Director
- Ensure the office and store location are kept clean, organized and free of clutter
- Manage Festival store during the event and process merchandise sales
- Assist with running the online store
- Deliver messages and run errands
- Deal with couriers and the deliveries of all festival merchandise
- Update database for inventory purposes
- Assist with directing all inter-office communications
- Enter bills and invoices into accounting software
- Work with Box Office Coordinator on pass sale procedures
- Work with other Festival staff on an as needed basis
- Coordinate volunteers
- MUST have spoken and written English; additional languages an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cash and sales
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work in a busy environment
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, database and Internet programs
- Knowledge of Quickbooks an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.