Event Date: Oct 16, 2021 - Oct 24, 2021
Location: Mādahòkì Farm
Celebrate Tagwàgi (Autumn) at Tagwàgi Festival, the first in a series of seasonal events that will take place at Mādahòkì (to share land) Farm the National Capital Region’s new Indigenous attraction and gathering place.
Everyone is invited to reconnect with the land while learning about Indigenous traditions during this beautiful change of season. Enjoy authentic Indigenous programming and an Indigenous Makers and Farmers Market, interactive creative workshops, culinary delights and meet the rare Ojibwe Spirit Ponies – fun for young and old.
- Make & take corn husk dolls
- Meet the rare and endangered Ojibwe Spirit Horses
- Shop the Indigenous Makers and Farmers Market
- Walk the Legacy Trail and gain traditional knowledge about the seasons, plants, moons and wildlife important to Indigenous culture
- Visit the Reconciliation Rock Station to personalize a rock to leave along the trail (or take home)
- Savour traditional smoked and harvest meals
- Play on the Farm meet our small farm animals and enjoy climbing and sliding. There’s a teeter-totter, corn and tractor play stations, colouring activities and more.
- Enjoy live cultural performances and storytelling on the Celebration Stage