Event Date: Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 2, 2023
Location: 300, av. des Pères-Blancs, Vanier, ON K1L 7L5
Organized by the Vanier Museopark, the Sugar Festival is an annual, family-friendly event that promotes the culture of maple syrup as well as local Franco-Ontarian and Indigenous artists. It has been celebrated for 38 years now in Vanier.
In addition to enjoying a good maple taffy, young and old alike will be able to experience the traditions of the sugar season thanks to several gourmet, cultural and entertaining activities (sugar shack breakfasts, musical performances by local artists, petting farm, inflatable games, space dedicated to FNMI culture, and so much more). The Festival will close with its popular lumberjack skills contest.
Family and general public days: April 1 & 2, from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Musical performances from local talents throughout the day;
- Sugar season meals served on the Festival site as well as maple taffy ($);
- Inflatable games and petting farm outside (with pony rides by Countryside Petting Farm, $);
- Axe throwing for adults with BATL Axe Throwing (Saturday, April 1st) ($);
- Indoor playground for toddlers (offered by ON y va! and HIPPY);
- Junkyard Symphony performance at the Ottawa Public Library – Vanier (Saturday, April 1 only) ;
- Lumberjack skills competition (Sunday, April 2):
- Beer tasting with the Festival’s official brewery, Orléans Brewing Co., including their famous maple beer ($).