Jul 2, 2019 | Announcements and updates Festival News
Showcasing the best independent theatre from Ottawa and across the country, undercurrents invites submissions from Ottawa-based and national companies. The festival will consider applications from established and emerging artists who are working in new play creation, as well as from those touring previously produced original work. We encourage submissions from artists experimenting in form, style, and creation process.
We are also seeking submissions from artists who have have short pieces (under 30 minutes), works-in-progress, or live art/installation pieces.
Applications are accepted any time of year, but artists wishing to be considered for 2020 must submit their information on or before July 7, 2019. Applications received after this date will be considered for 2021.
We will accept applications via our online form. In addition, we ask all artists to submit:
- A proposal describing the project, its history, and the participating artists (maximum three pages)
- Biographies/CVs of lead artists
- Detailed technical specifications for the production
- A script sample or completed script
- Additional support material (optional): reviews, photos, or letters of support
PDFs are preferred; we will also accept .doc and .pages files.
Questions regarding the festival or the application process can be directed to Patrick Gauthier, Festival Director, at [email protected]; or by phone: 613.232.6162 x101