We are Ottawa’s only festival, special event and fair industry service organization since 1996.
The Ottawa Festival Network (OFN) advances a dynamic industry through research, advocacy and education. We create an effective networking environment for festivals, special events and fairs in Canada’s Capital Region. A not-for-profit service organization, we work cooperatively with members and partners towards a vibrant, inspired and prosperous festival capital.
Our mission is to advance our dynamic industry through research, advocacy and education.
Our vision is to create a vibrant, inspired and prosperous festival capital.
- Creativity – We lead by being innovative and creative. We find ways every day to animate and brighten our neighbourhoods, city and region.
- Entrepreneurialism – We are hardworking, resourceful, influential, dedicated, nimble and passionate. We make great things happen, often out of something small.
- Collaboration – People are at the heart of everything that we do. We do more by bringing diverse people, organizations and sectors together.
- Community – We create moments to experience, share and learn from each other. We do what we do to create positive social and economic impact.
- Authenticity – Our industry is genuine and transparent. We provide authentic local experiences. We keep it real.
At OFN we recognize that festival production has grown within a wider society where discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, visible or unseen disabilities, sexual orientation, religion, age, immigration status, class or education, has perpetuated structural inequalities.
We are renewing our commitment to modelling equity and inclusion for our industry by identifying and addressing racism and discrimination wherever it may exist within OFN.
We are taking a planned approach to this work, working alongside experts in anti-racism and anti-oppression.
We are also striving to diversify our organization by continually removing barriers to Board of Director membership and ensuring our selection procedures are free from bias in order to produce a diverse talent pool that represents the local community.
Ottawa Festival Network acknowledges that our offices, located in Ottawa, are on the traditional unceded territory of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation. The Algonquin peoples have lived on this land since time immemorial. We are grateful to have the opportunity to be present in this territory. We also show our gratitude and respect to them, and to the land for all that it provides us: trees to give shade, water and food to sustain us, and paths to connect us.
Last updated: January 31, 2022