The Festival will feature four major events:
- On November 1st, the Festival will open with \”Losing Our Sons,\” a poignant tale of two fathers who have lost their sons – one through terrorism, and one through indoctrination.
- On November 2nd, the Festival features the Canadian premiere of \”Death by China,\” a film about the increasingly destructive economic trade practices of a rapidly rising China with author Greg Autry in attendance.
- On Saturday, November 3rd, Producer Michael King will be on hand to introduce the film, \”The Rescuers\” about diplomats who saved Jews during the Holocaust, and
- the Festival will end with a tribute to Raoul Wallenberg – a celebration of his 100th birthday in association with B\’nai Brith Canada.
Other films include:
- \”The Invisible Men,\” about the plight of gay Palestinians;
- \”Windfall,\” about the pitfalls of wind power;
- \”Freedom\’s Fury,\” a look at the \”blood in the water\” water polo match between the Soviet Union and Hungary at the Olympics in 1956;
- \”Their Eyes Were Dry,\” a film about the massacre of teenagers in Ma\’alot in Israel by Palestinian terrorists in 1974;
- \”Occupy Unmasked,\” a hard look at the Occupy movement;
- \”21 Brothers,\” a Canadian film about World War I;
- \”The Red Chapel,\” a comedy that exposes North Korea\’s totalitarian system;
- \”Putin\’s Kiss,\” a documentary on the brutality of the Putin regime;
- \”Winston Churchill: Walking With Destiny,\” examines why Winston Churchill\’s legacy continues to be relevant in the 21st Century;
- \”Why Is It Hate?,\” Martin Gladstone\’s film on why Queers Against Israeli Apartheid bring a message of hate to Toronto\’s Gay Pride; and many, many other films.
In addition, four authors will be in Ottawa to launch their books.
- Bruce Bawer, the acclaimed American author, will read from his new book, \”The Victims Revolution: The Rise of Identity Studies and the Closing of the Liberal Mind;\”
- Pierre Desrochers will present on two of his books: \”The Locavore\’s Dilemma: In Praise of the 10,000-mile Diet,\” and \”The False Crises of Rachel Carson: Silent Spring at 50\”;
- Arpad Szoczi will present his book, \”Timisoara – The Real Story Behind the Romanian Revolution;\” and
- Tuvia Tenenbom will be here to talk about his book, \”I Sleep In Hitler\’s Room.\”
The complete list of events can be seen at www.freethinkingfilmfest.ca.
Festival passes are available for $75 and can be purchased either online or at the following retailers – Compact Music (785 Bank, 190 Bank), Collected Works (1242 Wellington), and Ottawa Festivals (47 William Street). Day passes will also be available for sale.
Some Amazing Speakers Coming to Ottawa for the Festival!
- Martin Gladstone, Producer of \”Why Is It Hate\”, a documentary about how Queers Against Israeli Apartheid bring a message of hate to Toronto Gay Pride.
- Greg Autry, Author of the book, \”Death By China\” will be here to talk about his new documentary of the same name. CANADIAN PREMIERE.
- Michael King, Producer of the film \”The Rescuers\” in which historian Martin Gilbert teams up with a survivor of the Rwandan genocide to interview diplomats who saved Jews during the Holocaust.
- Pierre Desrochers, Professor at the University of Toronto, will be presenting on his two new books: \”The Locavore\’s Dilemma: In Praise of the 10,000 mile Diet\” and \”Silent Spring at 60: The False Crises of Rachel Carson\”.
- Bruce Bawer, acclaimed American Author, will be in Ottawa to launch his new book: \”The Victim\’s Revolution: The Rise of Identity Politics and the Closing of the Liberal Mind.\”
- David Matas, attorney for the B\’nai Brith and Human Rights Activist, will be presenting the latest research on the fate of diplomat Raoul Wallenberg – the Swedish diplomat who saved thousands of Jews during the Holocaust in Hungary.
- Clayton Garrett, Producer of \”21 Brothers\”, a Canadian film about life in the trenches during WW1. Shot in Kingston, Ontario.
- Marc Lebuis, author of the website pointdebasculecanada.ca will be in Ottawa to present on the Muslim Brotherhood in Canada.
- Tuvia Tenenbom will be here to present his book, \”I Sleep in Hitler\’s Room.\”
- Arpad Szoszi will be here to discuss his new book on the Romanian Revolution.
Free Mobile Applications!
The Free Thinking Film Festival now has an Android application and an iPhone application.