Bradley Turcotte, Xtra!
Photo by Laura Zahody
Rainbow flags were flying high as Ottawa’s celebration of everything queer culminated Sunday, August 26 with the Capital Pride parade.
Thousands of enthusiastic spectators lined the parade route, which began at the Garden of Provinces and ended at City Hall. The procession was led by Grand Marshall T. Eileen Murphy who rode in a classic maroon 1983 Buick Rivera convertible.
Read more: Capital Pride parade diversifies
- Thousands flock to Pride parade, Chris Hofley, Ottawa Sun, Aug 26,2012
- Capital Pride in the streets, Bradley Turcotte, Xtra!, Aug 26,2012
- Capital Pride parade gives the chance to be yourself, Ottawa CTV News, Aug 26, 2012
- Ottawa shows its pride at Capital Pride Parade, Samantha Everts, Metro News, Aug 26, 2012
- Ottawa Dyke March a friendly stroll, Michelle Zilio, Aug 25, 2012
- Queer youth celebrate diversity at pride festival prom, CTV News Ottawa, Aug 25, 2012
- Capital Pride Festival events take place throughout the city, Peter Henderson, Ottawa Citizen, Aug 25, 2012