Nov 1, 2016 | Festival and Event Industry Industry Events Industry News
Ottawa Festivals is pleased to announce the fifth annual Volunteer of the Year Award, presented by The Crawford Group. This year’s award celebration will be taking place during our 20th anniversary celebration, Tuesday, November 29, 2016. Ottawa Festivals highly values volunteerism and its positive impacts. Our world-class festivals, special events and fairs could not happen without the dedication of thousands of selfless volunteers!
Nominate your candidate!
Five (5) Volunteer of the Year nominees will be recognized at our event, and one of them will be awarded a $1000 cash prize! The Volunteer of the Year Award is the perfect opportunity to shine a light on your “stand out” volunteer and the meaningful benefits that volunteers bring to your events.
Our members’ participation is integral to the success of the Volunteer of the Year Award program – we cannot do it without you! Here are the submission requirements:
- One nomination per organization.
- Written description (about 500 words)on:
- The role your volunteer plays at your event, including: outside interests/community involvement and the number of hours volunteered
- What challenges or barriers she/he has overcome to achieve goals
- Anything else you feel makes them a stand-out volunteer
- Name and contact information of the volunteer
- A photograph for use in promotional material
3. If your nominee is one of the five recognized volunteers they must be in attendance at the Awards ceremony on Tuesday, November 29th. Please ensure that your nominee is aware of the nomination and date of the event; the time and location of the award presentation will be announced shortly.
4. The volunteer must not have received financial compensation from your organization in the year the Award is being presented.
5. All nominees will go into a juried selection process to determine the volunteer of the year.
6. The selected top five volunteers will be announced and featured leading up to, and the day of, the Awards Ceremony.
Deadline for entries: Sunday November 13, 2016, 11:59 EST. Submit your entry to: [email protected].
We look forward to receiving your nominations! Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
HR Manager | Directeur des ressources humanines
Ottawa Festivals Network / Réseau des Festivals d’Ottawa
613.233.1085 x117 | f. 613.233.3134
450 avenue Churchill Avenue N I Ottawa, Ontario I K1Z 5E2