Feb 8, 2019 | Industry Events Industry News
Thursday, February 28,
Join us for a two-part information session on running festivals + events in Ottawa.
Part 1: A service overview and updates from OFN, Event Central and the Special Events Advisory Committee
Part 2: “Weed Like to Talk” – A cannabis information session for events in Ottawa
Legalized cannabis has had many implications on the event industry, and there are more to come. Do you understand how it impacts your event? Do you know how to be prepared to mitigate potential risks to your organization, staff, volunteers and your audience? This information session with experts will give you up-to-date information, practical advice and tips on how you can prepare for the new reality of legalized cannabis.
- City of Ottawa representatives
- Megan Cornell, LLB – Momentum Law
- Shawn LaPalm – Cooperators Insurance
Leave this information + networking session with a better understanding of:
- City bylaws related to cannabis use
- How to develop policies for your organization
- How to manage event and organizational risk associated with cannabis
- Federal legislation status about cannabis edibles, extracts and topicals
RSVP – Free Tickets
AGENDA + EVENT INFORMATION
5:30 PM / Registration and Networking
6:00 PM / Presentations and facilitated Q + A
7:15PM / Expo + Networking
8:00 PM / Event wrap up
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Time: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM EST
Location: Ben Franklin Place: The Chamber + Atrium
* Seating is limited, register to hold your seat.