This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: For set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Supports the Executive Director on all administrative matters related to the production of the Festival. This includes reception duties, purchasing, updating contact lists, contract distribution and supporting the Festival’s business development initiatives. The Administrative Assistant will aid in the preparation of workstations for seasonal staff, This position works primarily in the office, however occasional out of office, evenings, and weekend work is part of this position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Directly to the Executive Director
- Support Executive Director with a wide range of administrative tasks
- Coordinate invoicing, cheque requests and cheque distribution in concert with ED and bookkeeper
- Aid in preparation of filing systems and workspaces for other festival staff
- Maintain and update mailing databases
- Assemble, label and distribute marketing and sponsorship packages
- Liaise with all external stakeholders, in concert with the Executive Director
- Ensure that Festival stakeholders are appropriately recognized on promotional materials produced for Festival
- Create and distribute appropriate correspondence including thank-you materials
- Assist in the preparation of a final report on the year’s activities, including recommendations for the next year
- As part of a team-based work environment, other duties may be required.
- College or University-level training in business or communications, or relevant administrative workplace experience.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) Expertise with graphics software a strong asset
- Organized, client-service focused and detail-oriented
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in second official language a strong asset.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and successfully meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to maintain a positive outlook and have fun while contributing to the goals of the organization.
- Resourceful nature and a passion for public presentation are highly desirable assets
- Representatives from community and business partners
- Representatives from Board of Directors and the general public
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134
Please quote position number: CG1 and title
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca