By Karen Chen and Peter Robb
RBC Ottawa Bluesfest has announced details about its new stage setup for this year’s performance.
The festival said in a release Monday that it has been working for the past 11 months on increased safety measures for the main stage that will be in place for the 2012 event.
These steps followed the collapse of the mainstage last summer during a violent windstorm as the band Cheap Trick was about to perform the final show of the 2011 festival.
“We don’t anticipate [any emergency], but we are obviously better-prepared,” said Mark Monahan, executive director of Bluesfest.
• Stage set-up comes into question after latest collapse, CTV News, June 18
• Bluesfest: Our stage will be safer, Ottawa Sun, June 18
• New main stage different than stages that collapsed: Bluesfest, Metro, June 18
• Stage collapse raises concerns in Ottawa, CBC News, June 18
• Bluesfest Organizers Taking ‘All Precautions’ … , 580 CFRA, June 18