This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: For set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Participant will assist in the maintenance of all technology related items for the festival’s activities in 2014, including the maintenance of the website and preparation of print collaterals and ads. Coordinate all other web related links with symbiotic sites with sponsors, related festivals, and musicians around the world
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Executive Producer, Director of Marketing and Graphic Design Assistant.
· Incorporate the festival look into all of the festival marketing.
· Work with the marketing team to coordinate the presentation of all public relations activities
· Foster ongoing communication with designers, including t-shirt and souvenir coordinators through digitally outputting the designs as needed.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Working knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Create Suite.
· Must have training or previous experience in graphic and web design or fine arts
· Marketing, public relations and/or special events experience.
· Bilingualism an asset.
· Must be able to meet deadlines, perform under pressure and delegate tasks (previous supervisory experience is an asset).
Journalists, cultural industry executives and print and other media sales and marketing managers.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134
Please quote position number: JA4 and title
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visithttp://www.ottawafestivals.ca