This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks START DATE: March 17, 2014 END DATE: For set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Supports the development and maintenance of the event’s volunteer and the community engagement programs. This includes research and planning for both programs, as well as supporting outreach activities, recruiting and coordinating volunteers for event activities, and office support. This position works primarily in the office, however occasional out of office, evenings, and weekend work is part of this position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Directly to the Event Director and Community Cup Program Assistant
- Engage in ongoing communication with past, present and potential volunteers through email and phone. (e.g., includes projects like managing the volunteer feature profiles)
- Collecting and summarizing various post-event crew documents (e.g., reports; supply needs lists; shift schedules and numbers; feedback on volunteers)
- Maintain and update the volunteer database for all festival and activity volunteers.
- Contribute to the preparation of minutes, newsletters, and other information for volunteers and leaders.
- Support the development of the festival’s living archive (e.g., finding and highlighting positive volunteer stories and connections)
- Support the management of volunteers for year-round activities (e.g., corporate challenges, community projects, etc).
- Participate in local volunteer management training and networks through Volunteer Ottawa, the Ottawa Administrators of Volunteer Resources, and the Ottawa Chamber of Voluntary Organizations.
- Support other areas of the festival including site management
- As part of a team-based work environment, other duties may be required.
- High school diploma
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and successfully meet deadlines.
- The ability to assess situations in order to provide solutions/recommendations to issues as they arise.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to maintain a positive outlook and have fun while contributing to the goals of the organization.
- Previous volunteer coordination experience and/or experience as a volunteer an asset.
- Representatives from community partners and other festival organizations.
- Volunteers from all walks of life.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134
Please quote position number: CD1 and title
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca