This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 10 weeks (with the possibility of extension to 26 weeks) START DATE: January 19, 2015 END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Helps coordinate the production aspects of staging the 2015 Festival; working closely with the production team under the direct supervision of the Production Manager. Ensure logistics for preparation, creation, maintenance, and dis-assembly of the infrastructure of the venues where the artists will perform and provide technical support to the Production Manager when required. This position is similar in responsibilities to those for Project Management in a construction context. Additional work is required to help prepare, maintain and dismantle several ancillary venues at indoor locations.
REPORTING: Artistic Producer; Production Manager; Operations Coordinator
- Follow up and secure all suppliers, site design, site management, logistics, technical services, aspects of lighting, audio and staging, licenses, and other considerations needed to proceed with the event in a timely way
- Deal with all physical aspects of setting up the site and any other physical items needed to secure the areas and the artists’ needs as determined in the rider. Also ensure that equipment is properly maintained while in our responsibility, and returned. Heavy-lifting is a must.
- Prepare a final report on the project and make recommendations for the next Festival.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous stage management or production management experience a definite asset.
- College or University education is an asset.
- Must have a valid G driver’s license
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be computer literate and knowledgeable with database management systems.
- Lifting (50-100 lbs), standing, walking, and other physical labour for extended periods will be entailed during the festival.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and be a team player.
- Festival partners and other festivals; many government contacts; suppliers to the festival including tent, stage, sound, lighting, technical services etc.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.