This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 10 weeks (with the possibility of extension to 26 weeks) START DATE: January 19, 2015 END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Helps coordinate the operations aspects of staging the 2015 Festival; working closely with the production team
under the direct supervision of the Operations Assistant. Ensures logistics for all venues are satisfied, most especially for the outdoor stages in LeBreton Flats Park – suppliers and production include the following: portable toilets, garbage bins and removal, tents, furniture, phones, radios, barricades, signage, concessions, first aid, security, permits, trailers, & backline
REPORTING: Artistic Producer; Production Manager; Operations Coordinator
- Follow up and secure all suppliers, concessionaires, and contractors by preparing contracts, getting deposits, and preparing all permits, licenses, and other authorities needed to proceed with the event in a timely way
- Deal with all physical aspects of setting up the site, including ordering and setting up risers, barriers, fencing, any other physical items needed to secure the areas, all signage, rental furniture, etc. Also ensure that the equipment is properly maintained while in our responsibility, and returned. Heavy-lifting is a must.
- Create and distribute all festival identification badges (volunteers, artists, staff, etc.)
- Prepare a final report on the project and make recommendations for the next Festival.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous stage management or production management experience a definite asset.
- Valid G level Driver’s license
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must provide own CSA approved work boots
- Must be computer literate and knowledgeable with database management systems.
- Lifting (50-100 lbs), standing, walking, and other physical labour for extended periods will be entailed during the festival.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and be a team player.
- Festival partners and other festivals; many government contacts; suppliers to the festival including tent, stage, sound, lighting, technical services etc.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.