This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 10 weeks (with the possibility of extension to 26 weeks) START DATE: January 19, 2015 END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in the development and implementation of all media relationships including television, radio, print, social media
and internet. Secure interviews with festival artists to publicize the festival and other events at the festival.
REPORTING: Director of Marketing & Media; Marketing Media Coordinator
- Develops marketing and communication strategies for approval by the Artistic Producer and book all advertising.
- Develop and execute the organization’s social media strategies.
- Assist in the design of overall initiatives aimed at developing the tourism market using the 2015 look and feel.
- Coordinate all public relations activities and foster ongoing communication with the media and update media list
- Assist in preparing a final report on the project and make recommendations for the next festival.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have training or previous experience in marketing, public relations and/or special events.
- College or University education required.
- Must speak both English and French fluently.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, perform under pressure and delegate tasks (previous supervisory experience is an asset).
- Must be computer literate and familiar with social media marketing techniques.
- Journalists, cultural industry executives, print and other media sales and marketing managers, news feature writers and editors
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.